Become a Web Developer
Learning to Learn
Programming is always evolving. That's why we focus on teaching students how to learn and to think like a software engineer. Great programmers can adapt and adjust to new technologies that arise and grow with the technology field.
From Launch Day (graduation) to our developer networking events; our career services will help you showcase projects and connect you with companies that are searching for talented developers.
The DevPoint Labs Experience
More than just code. Whether you’re a local or coming from out-of-state we blend students into a vibrant developer community building life long friendships.
DPL Nights | Hackathons
Unwind from learning during DPL led activities like The Bowling Classic, Tuesday Movie Nights, or some casual drinks. Start brainstorming some web app ideas and see how much you and your peers can accomplish in our 2 hackathons each cohort.
Start your day off right with our breakfast bar full of fruits and cereals. Not to mention the bottomless coffee to keep yourself dialed during class.
Our central location in Downtown means that you can use public transportation like Trax or grab one of our passes from the city bikeshare program. Or join us during some nightlife activities.
Coworking at Church & State
Built in 1893, this repurposed church was transformed into an eclectic entrepreneur sanctuary that we call home. It’s the place to be to build your network and meet other like- minded hardworking individuals.
Daily Learning Schedule
Not everyday will be the same, but you can expect a mixture of lectures, presentations, follow alongs, hands-on exercises, pair programming, and group projects.
Full Stack Web Development Part-Time - 11 Weeks
Weeks 1 - 4
The first four weeks will establish the foundation for the remainder of the course. By the end of week four you’ll be armed with enough skills to build a full web app at the first hackathon.
- Basic Ruby
- OOP Foundations
- Advanced Ruby
- Ruby Gems
- Git & Github
- HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails, MVC Pattern
- Raw SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Bootstrap / Materalize Front-End Frameworks
- Advanced Rails Concepts - Has Many Through, Nested Routes, Nested Attributes, Ect...
- Rake Tasks
- User Authentication
- Delayed Jobs
Weeks 5 - 8
- Rails Testing - RSpec, FactoryGirl, TDD
- Package Managers - NPM, Yarn
- AJAX, DOM
- React Router
- Working With API's
- Repack - Github
Weeks 9 - 11
- Advanced Webpack - Code Splitting, CSS / Font Loaders, Webpack Performance
- React Testing - JEST
- Basic React Native App Development - IOS, Android
- Rails Programming Patterns
- Model and Controller Concerns / Helpers
- Frontend Testing (Selenium)
- SQL Refresher
- React With Google Maps
- Web Scraping
- Slideshows With React - Spectacle
- Building Your Owns Gems
- Dealing With Files In Rails
- Real Time Apps With MessageBus
- Intro To UI / UX Best Practices